New Low-Cost Approach to Perimeter Security
Recipient of Six Major Industry Awards
“The combination of low-wattage LED’s and extremely wide voltage range allow perimeter lighting runs up to 500 ft. per low-voltage wire.”
A low-voltage security lighting system comprised of rugged LED luminaires and a reliable power supply. Mounted on fence posts, these lights are simple and quick to install, and consume a fraction of the energy of traditional security lighting. Can also be used in any lighting application where long wire runs are required (such as wooded paths and piers). These luminaires have numerous applications for a variety of end users in both permanent and temporary installations.
Other CAST Perimeter Lighting System™ Components
CAST Lighting Webinar: LED Perimeter Fence & Building Lighting
Introduction to the CAST Perimieter Lighting System
CAST Perimeter Lighting System™ Installation Demo
Perimeter Lighting In Action
Construction: The luminaire has 4 primary components: hat, body, stem, and base.
- Hat: Sand-cast aluminum alloy with highly reflective white epoxy-coated underside.
- Body: Sand-cast aluminum alloy with LED array inset under waterproof borosilicate glass dome.
- Stem: Galvanized steel pipe secured with set screw at top and threads at bottom.
- Base: Sand-cast aluminum alloy junction box with removable cover and knockout at bottom. Junction box houses LED driver. Base also attached to stamped aluminum saddle clamp.
- Hardware: All hardware (including screws, nuts, and washers) are zinc-plated steel.
Mounting Options: Unit equipped with saddle-clamp for fence posts - other options available.
- Pipe Mount: Bottom knock-out can be used to secure pipe for connection to junction box. (accommodates maximim pole diameter of 3 inches (actual O.D. = 2.875")
- Stake Mount: Trident or standard stake can be secured to bottom knock-out for ground mount.
Electrical: The LED driver is a proprietary circuit designed specifically for this luminaire.
Input Voltage: 12 volts to 24 volts AC or DC (polarity independent)
- Input Current & Power: 0.38 amps (+/- 10%); 7.0 watts (+/- 10%) (over 12-24v range); 8.5 VA (+/- 10%)
- Power Factor: 0.82 (+/- 0.1) (over 12-24v range)
- Surge and Spike Suppression: TVS transient voltage suppressor (up to 40 volts)
- EMI Filtering: Inductors and capacitors for filtering to comply with FCC Class B Conducted and Radiated
- Components: All driver components selected for extended operation at high temperatures - no electrolytic capacitors.
- Ambient Temperature Range: -40ºC to 55ºC
- LED Array: Mounted on aluminum core board, secured to cast-aluminum alloy body with thermal grease backing. Thermal pathway includes body, hat, stem, and base.
- LED Driver: Fully encapsulated in thermally conductive epoxy
- LED Array: (3) Cree XPE with integrated driver in replaceable module
- Lumen Depreciation (L70): 36,300 hours (according to Cree LM-80 report)
- Color Temperature (CCT): 4,450ºK
- Color Rendering (CRI): 77 (+/- 3) (Note: Higher CRI not required for this application since illumination is primarily for security)
- Light Output: Lamp Lumens: 512; Luminaire Lumens: 265 (at 24v)
- Efficiency: Luminous Efficiency: 52%; Total Luminaire Efficiency: 37.6 lumens/watt (Note: Use of a diffuse reflector rather than a more efficient direct source was selected to reduce glare from these low-mounted luminaires.)
- IESNA Cutoff Classification: Full Cutoff
Certifications and Standards
- UL listed to UL1838, FCC Class B Conducted and Radiated, RoHS
Sustainability and Replaceability
- Cast-metal components are sand-cast in CAST Lighting’s own foundry in Colombia, South America. Trimmings and defective castings are re-incorporated into new product.
- All parts of the CAST LED Perimeter Light are replaceable. Should the LED array or driver fail, then the body or base can be replaced or repaired in the field without special tools or training. Returned parts are repaired or recycled in our foundry.
Control and Security Options
- The 24-volt (200VA) CAST Perimeter Lighting Transformers (CPT300, CPT600, E1CPT300, E1CPT600) has a built-in manual timer that can be combined with optional photocell (CTPC) or external control unit to tie into existing control system.
- Optional vandal-proof hardware and hard-wired security line through conduit can deter theft of luminaires and alert owners via security system.
- Beam Angle: 120º
- Cutoff Designation: Full Cutoff (0% above Nadir)
- Spacing Criterion: 20 ft. at 8 ft. mounting height to achieve minimum 5 lux to comply with suggested horizontal illuminance for unoccupied spaces (IESNA G-1-03). Many applications do not require this level of illuminance, and fixtures may be spaced at up to 30 ft. See photometrics guide for other scenarios.
- Lumen and Efficiency Data: See Specifications Page
- LM-79-08 Report and IES files: Conducted and generated by Independent Testing Laboratories, Inc. - available on request.
The following images are computer renderings of the CAST LED Perimeter Lighting System.